Friday, August 25, 2006

Video of the Day: Terminator X(w/Chuck D): "Buck-Whylin"



This song has more meanings to me than the word "sex" had to that pimp of a president that we had, Bill Clinton. Even though this song was released on Terminator X's solo effort, this is by far one of the most underrated Public Enemy songs ever in my humble opinion. This Bomb Squad produced beat just makes you want to put random fuckers in a head lock, and Chuck D's preacher-like rap delivery that could convert most devil worshipers into believing the Hip Hop gospel. But this song above nothing else, reminds me of how scared I was in the spring of 1991. See, I waes a happy go lucky senior at Kempsville High School, with nothing but the 100 meter dash and girls asses on my mind when Desert Storm broke out. I didn't know what was going to happen, if they would reinstate the draft and make motherfuckers fight in that war or not, all I knew was that I was scared shit-less. Anyway, since this song was in my daily rotation at the time, when Sistah Soulah screamed out that cryptic "WE ARE AT WAR!!", it was probably the biggest reason why I never joined the military.(Respect to everyone who served this country honorably, I was just a coward at the time.)

1 comment:

Jdid said...

the sista soulja ad libs made this song for me. it was just so in your face and scary as you said. yep definetly an underrated public enemy song. One of the better ones just before their time started to draw to a close.