Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hey HumanityCritic, what in the fuck are you doing with this in your ipod? Squeeze: "Tempted"



This is going to sound cheesy but this song, for some reason, was a source of comfort for me about 6 years ago. Picture this, late sping 2001, me laying in a Orlando hotel room many miles from my hometown of Virginia Beach as this song plays. See, I had just been dropped like a bad habit by a woman I had been with for 5 years, so since I was hurt, reeling, and in a desperate need to save me from myself, I skipped town and found myself somewhere in Florida. Each morning during my 5 day visit there, before I traveled through the city trolling for emotional relief and sexual release, I would play this song before I left my hotel room..I don't know, it was just soothing, plus it seemed fitting that the words "tempted by the fruit of another" were in the song based on me being on the business end of a break-up.

No comments: